Sabado, Hulyo 27, 2013

My father had these pictures framed a few months ago. He proudly showed me his piece of art and explained the logic behind it. He said that life is simple… At the break of dawn, the sun rises and provides us a chance of a new beginning. We wake up with hope in our hearts. The day passes with us working, even to the point of breaking our backs, if only to reach that goal of a better life. And by the time the Sun sets, we are like majestic birds with wings spread out as we try to fly to back to where we truly belong.

If I had the chance to add one more though, I’d put a small picture of a family in between. Everything we work for becomes more meaningful when we do it for the people we love. I have always believed that life becomes more significant when you learn to eliminate the words ME and I from your vocabulary and replace it with YOU and US.

-- I have seen my Dad in his best and his worst. His hair has turned gray but his soul is strong. He has showed me how it is to hold your ground and be brave. So whenever he talks to me about life, I listen.

The wee hours of the morning can really make me think about everything and I realize there are so many things I still have to learn. You and I are both young and we will surely make mistakes but what’s important is we try to get up, learn and live for the people in our lives.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento