Sabado, Hulyo 27, 2013

For my FATHER...

I was only 20 years old when I got pregnant with Miguel. I remember feeling so angry, confused and scared. Being a rebellious kid, I refused to cry despite the gravity of what I got myself into. My dad called for me and asked me to come to the library so we could talk. Hinahanda ko na yung mga pisngi ko nun in anticipation that my dad would slap me on the face. I sat beside him
and was waiting for the most hurtful words but instead of raising his voice, he tapped my tummy and gently said, “May apo na pala ako dyan.” That was the only time I finally gave in and cried in his arms.

That moment in my turbulent young life officially made me a certified Daddy’s girl.

I am already 35 years old but STILL, my dad tucks me in bed. He makes sure I have a blanket to keep me warm. He loves touching my forehead, fixes my hair and still says the words “I love you” before he leaves my side.

He was and still is my greatest supporter. Happy Father's Day! Love you.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento